Search Articles or the web

Tuesday 19 October 2010

HTC Desire HD!



I got my HTC Desire HD today to finally taking my aged G1's place, its been a good 19 months for my G1, I did many things like root it and install CM6 (Android 2.2 ROM) with it but it just got too slow and was limiting my Android Experience too much, but now I have my HTC Desire HD, with its 768MB of RAM and a 1Ghz latest Snapdragon processor which makes it epically fast (no its not a dual core, unfortunately), So here I am sharing my excitement for my new phone. It ends up tops in a Quadrant benchmark test above the Nexus One 2.2 which is currently at the top.
Here it is next to my G1 with its score running CyanogenMod 6 Froyo 2.2, you see the Desire HD's screen is much better.

The screen is great and its 4.3 inch'ness makes me super happy because I hated using my G1's lousy screen againt all my friends better Android Phones, but now I can hold it over them.
Anyway I will making a video soon comparing it to my old G1 and showing how far Android has come in the world of Hardware. Stay tuned for that!

2 comments:

  1. Heya,
    Thanks for the pictures!!
    i currently have a G1 and i am thinking about a Desire HD. It would be great if we could read mor about your impresions.
    How is the daily use, handling (because the HD is really huge), messaging (without a keyboard)...

    bye, xy

    ReplyDelete
  2. I do find they keyboard harder to use than my old G1, I switched from the default keyboard to the popular replacement Swype (Google Swype keyboard for info). The Desire HD does feel big in the hand but I am able to use it with one hand but it is noticeably harder to reach all corners of the screen than the G1, despite this, the reason I like it so much is the screen is so much better than the G1's for general internet browsing and the performance is so much better that I found the awkward keyboard worth it, go to a shop that has a dummy unit and feel for yourself in your hand, if you think its too big try the Samsung Galaxy S, it has similar specs but has a slightly smaller screen, Hope this helps.

    ReplyDelete