Search Articles or the web

Sunday 17 October 2010

How to get Angry Birds to (sort of)work on your G1/HTC Dream

I believe this works with either the Lite Beta version and the full version but I have only tried it with the full version.
As you may know I've had some trouble with getting the Angry Birds app to work on my G1, well I spent a while rooting around on the internet until I found a way to make it work and I thought I'd share it with you poor G1'ers.
What you've got to do is open up the Angry Birds application on your phone like normal but DO NOT rotate your phone to landscape keep it in portrait/vertical, once you see the Angry Birds image witth he main red bird in the center constantly tap on the screen in a circle around the red bird, I know this sounds stupid but it seems to work ??? no idea why, worked first time with me, as far as I know this works for the G1 and the myTouch (HTC Dream + Magic). I'm not sure exactly but I can only presume that the constant tapping of the screen is (maybe) preventing the system of killing the application due to low memory. Anyway hope this helps!

2 comments:

  1. did it didnt work

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is an old post, it used to work but the updates over the last year or so have made it impossible now. It doesn't even run on the original HTC Wildfire which is blessed with more RAM than the G1.

    ReplyDelete